The problem is that most people don’t even know what energy vampires are or that they even exist in the first place. What’s worse, most people who are energy vampires have no idea what they are doing while they are doing it.
Most times, energy vampires are people very close to you, so it’s a really difficult thing when you find this out. They can be your parents, your friends, or your significant other.
Before you can free yourself from the negative influence of an energy vampire, you have to first understand what an energy vampire is. After you do this, you have to identify who the energy vampires are around you.
You may find that you don’t have any kind of energy vampires influencing you now, but what I’ve found in the past couple years is that if you start down the path to freedom, you’ll eventually have to deal with these people. Maybe it’s a sick game of the universe, but once you start trying to better yourself, the universe will take notice and try to beat you down. One way it does this is by sending energy vampires to stop you. Who knows, maybe the vampires can sense your new shining light and need to latch on.
What is an Energy Vampire?
There’s a lot of hoopla on the internet about energy vampires and psychic energy or chi. I’m just going to keep it real here. Energy vampires are just negative people who have to leach off others energy instead of being content with themselves.
In other words, they are people always in your shit. These people take many forms, and their tactics are insidious. They make you feel as though you are the one at fault many times.
Often times, energy vampires are people with personality disorders. They had something happen to them in the past and instead of dealing with it, they take a radical approach and decide to stop feeling anything. Once they go down this road, the only way they can feel anything is to use other people’s emotions.
Because of this choice they made to stop feeling, they are essentially immature people who stopped growing. They are a child trapped in an adult body.
- Does someone constantly try to control your life? Do they contact you telling you stuff to do that has absolutely nothing to do with them? These people are scared of the fact that they have no control over their lives, so they make up for it by trying to control everyone else.
- Does someone display excessive narcissism with you? An easy way to spot these people is they will interrupt you to talk about something that happened to them. They will also but into conversations you have with others to see what’s going on. If you could buy this person for what they are worth and sell them for what they think they are worth, you’d be a billionaire.
- Does someone always criticize what you do and try to show you the correct way of doing it? They usually do this in a very judgmental tone. They feel like they are an expert on everything and need to share this with the world despite no one giving a shit.
- Does someone always play the victim card trying to get pity from you for your own made up mistakes? These people make up a huge population online. They expect everyone else to help them when they can’t help themselves.
- Does someone act bipolar towards you? One minute they are fine, and the next they lose their shit for the littlest of reason. They have absolutely no impulse control and usually lack discipline in all areas of their lives. After they freak out on you, they then try to bring you back in by acting like the “good cop” again.
What’s the common denominator here? These people don’t take responsibility for themselves. They focus on external factors to guide their lives. They are not living authentically so have to live vicariously through stuff outside of themselves. These people make excuses for everything, nothing is their fault. Since nothing is ever their fault, they are powerless to change anything.
How to free yourself from an energy vampire
Now that you know what an energy vampire is, it will be easy to point out all the energy vampires in your life. If you really want freedom, you have to break free from all the energy vampires in your life. Sure, you could be free in a lot of areas in your life, but if you are still having to deal with a bunch of bullshit from people around you to the point that it’s draining you of energy, you’ll always be trapped to a certain degree.
The main way to free yourself from an energy vampire is to physically get away from them. After you get away from them, stop communicating with them as much as possible. This is important because once you gain some distance from them, they’ll try to reach out to you to get some more energy. If you communicate with them it will bring back all the feelings you’ve had before and just drain you again.
The problem is of course that the energy vampires in your life most likely are intimately connected to you. If that’s the case, I would still recommend getting the hell away from them as soon as possible. In the interim though, you will have to do some mental gymnastics to avoid getting swept up in their traps.
First, realize what they are. Once you identify them as an energy vampire, it will be easier to defend yourself. Second, realize you are striving to live authentically and are on another higher path than them. Sucking energy is just what they do. Don’t get emotional about what they do and just accept it. Don’t get in arguments with them, don’t entertain their bullshit, and don’t feel sorry for them. They’ll either get past it or they won’t, but it’s not your job to rescue someone. Always remember, you’re striving to go your own path in life. It’s your life, and you’re calling the shots, so when people try to invade, go on and brush your shoulders off.
Are you an energy vampire?
Much like fictional vampires, energy vampires have this ability to turn their victims into vampires themselves. If you’re reading this and saying to yourself, “Shit, I display a lot of those behaviors” there’s still hope.
Try and identify things that happened in the past that you still haven’t got over yet. If you are able to let that shit go, it will go a long way to stopping vampiric behavior. The past is the past, it already happened and can’t really harm you unless you let it.
You’ll have to do some real soul-searching and start living for yourself. Become capable of living as a self-contained unit without the need of other people. Start living authentically. A good place to start here is to tap into your creative energy and start creating something. If you start creating something, you’ll be using all your time and energy on yourself that you’ll forget about stealing from other people for a while. Keep going.
The term “energy vampire” is just a dramatic term used for someone who does shit to get a rise out of you. Most of the time this is unconscious, but when it’s conscious, it’s often called “trolling”.
There’s nothing mystical or magical about these people, they are just emotionally and spiritually children.
Avoid them like the plague and watch your energy, motivation, and productivity go through the roof.
If you are an energy vampire, stop that now and work on your own shit.
Check me out on Twitter